Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Standing desk

This one is an old project, but looking at pictures I found a few of this project. So, here is a post about it. I decided to build this desk last year, when after working for extended hours I got a little clot on one of my legs. I had read about how marvelous standing desks are for your health, so I gave it a go. I now have two of them, one for the office and one for home. It takes some getting used to, but it certainly has helped as I have not have had a clot since then. This project requires welding, so may or may not be easy to make. Of course the design can be easily replicated with wood.

Now to the pictures (find Pookie in the first picture):



 This one is currently in my office:
 This is the one for home:
If I would have done the project for somebody else, I may have made the height adjustable. I was lucky and got the height right on my first attempt. However, this is something to consider.

Happy building!

No comments:

Post a Comment