Today, I found out that not all pallets are identical. I had to modify some of my steps, but all in all the procedure is pretty much the same. This second pallet was in much better shape than yesterday's pallet. It made for a slightly taller chair, here are the pictures:
One thing that I was about to mess up today was the angle at the bottom of the rear leg. Make sure you measure those well...
The one on the left is the one that I built today.
I did not paint them today, as the boss (my wife) wants them stained in a dark mahogany tone and that will take longer than just putting some linseed oil on. That will hopefully happen next weekend. Until then, happy building!