Sunday, May 17, 2015

Boat rack

Last week I built a boat rack for the truck using an old bench press that I rescued from a neighbor's trash. This is the finished product:

An accounting of the materials to make sure that I did not need to go by the metal store. I ended up needing to use some galvanized conduits I had. I used muriatic acid to remove the zinc on the areas that needed to be welded. Never weld galvanized metal without removing the zinc. It will make for spotty welds at best, a visit to the ER in the worst case scenario.

Off to the paint shop (my backyard):

And to the river with my wife we go:

Happy building!

No comments:

Post a Comment